Saturday 20 September 2014

HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT IT?

September 21, 2014


Many of us want some things as long as it comes cheap which is why if it is taking too long a time and too much of our strength, we easily just give up and start looking for another option. Many times I have heard people say to me, “I want this thing like yesterday,” but their attitude would be saying, “I don’t mind having this thing in like five years’ time.” I am sure you would agree with me that everyone would know if truly you want something as much as you want it.

In Mark 10:46-52, there is a story of a blind man named Bartimaeus who also happened to be a beggar (I guess that’s why most blind people beg for alms). This man’s desire was to receive his sight and the moment he heard that Jesus was in town, scripture says he began to cry out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me.” At a point, the crowd around asked him to keep quiet and stop disturbing the peace of the community, but the more they asked him to stop, the more he shouted because he wanted it so much. Finally, Jesus heard his cry and he received his sight. If he had shut up, maybe he would have died a blind beggar. Your cry for help will attract the attention of heaven this day in Jesus Name. Amen!

Let me ask you this, that sole important desire of yours, how much do you want it? Do you want it as much as you need air to breathe? Do you want it as much as you need your two eyes? I am sure you have heard that where there is a will, there is a way. If you truly want that desire, then keep pushing the buttons, keep pressing forward, keep asking, keep waiting, keep knocking, keep seeking and keep persevering.

Sincerely, I tell you that, you are too close to the finish line to give up.

Remain blessed!


Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong

No comments:

Post a Comment