Thursday 4 September 2014

BE A BLESSING

August 28, 2014


I have discovered that God blesses people so that they can become a source of blessing unto others. Unfortunately and sadly, most times, many of us block the flow of God’s blessings because we assume the blessing is only for me, myself and I which in most cases is very untrue. I have heard people say, “I just can’t afford to give this stuff out, do you know how long it took me to get it?” Those kind of people have forgotten the word of God through John in John 3:27 that, “A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.”

When God was making a covenant with Abraham in Gen 12, He said in verse 2, “And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing.” God was making Abraham know that a metal pipe that refuses to let water out through it in most cases get rusted and replaced. As long as you are full, you cannot be filled. You need to always remember that you are always blessed to bless.

One of the secrets I have discovered when it comes to kingdom providence is the act of blessing people with money, material gifts and even other intangible resources. Luke 6:38 says, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” You can give a listening ear; you can give a relieving hug; you can give money; you can give food items, you can give your time. To tell you the truth, you have something to give.

Finally, Heb 7:7 says, “And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.” In order words, the “blesser” is always better than the “blessee”. The more you bless others, the better your life becomes.

Be wise!


Follow on twitter @Iamhenrylong

No comments:

Post a Comment