Tuesday 3 February 2015

January 30, 2015 - STOP GIVING EXCUSES


Someone said, “Do you know I would have been bigger and richer than this if it wasn’t that I don’t have a university degree.” There was nothing I could say to make him understand that he was wrong. But then, I realize that that’s the same way a whole lot us live a mediocre life all because of excuses.

In Exo 4:10 Moses told God (the one that made mouths) that, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue, so I can’t be used by you.” Thank God for mercy and covenant, if not, Moses would have been dumped.

The human nature is so wired to be full of excuse. We blame our parents, governments, leaders, pastors and neighbors for our situations. We attribute our littleness to our academic qualification or family background. We blame our spouses for our behaviors. We blame the economic crunch as the reason why we are poor. Don’t let excuses rid you of the glorious destiny ahead of you.

Go for gold no matter what!


Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong

No comments:

Post a Comment