Saturday 9 November 2013

NO TIME TO WASTE


November 9, 2013


In Neh 6:1-2, Sanballat, Tobiah and Geshem sent unto Nehemiah that he should meet them in a village called Ono. In verse 3, Bibles says Nehemiah sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you? In verse 4, they sent unto me four times after this sort; and I answered them after the same manner. In order words, Nehemiah said, I am busy here and cannot afford to come there.

We all tend to waste what we value lightly. Time is of great essence. Someone said time should be seen as a bar of gold. You can invest the bar of gold wisely or squander wastefully. God values time a lot and that was why even Jesus treasured time a lot. In John 9:4, Jesus said “I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.” Ecc 3:1 says, “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.”

I saw something on someone’s phone recently that reads, “No time to check time.” In order words, every seconds count. Every minute is useful. There is no time to waste. There are mountains to be climbed. There are awards to be won. There are projects to execute. Why waste time? Every successful person knows the truth in the words “Time is money.”

Treasure time. Put great value on your time. Stop going about your day anyhow. Get organized. Your pay is a product of your time investment. Invest your time wisely – read books, learn new skills, plan your life. Manage time thieves – television, mobile phones, friends and all properly. Some people cannot say “I am busy” when some friends interrupt their time investment.

Remember, if you value your time, others will.

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment