Tuesday 5 November 2013

FORGE AHEAD

November 6, 2013


In Luke 9, Jesus said to one man, “Follow me.” But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. In order words, my father just died, I am mourning, I just suffered a loss, so please forget about every other thing for now and let me be done with this mourning semester. Jesus said, “Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.”

Many a whole lot of us are so glued to our past that we refuse to plan for the future. Bro Paul said in Phil 3 that one thing that he does was to forget those things which are behind, and reach forth unto those things which are before. He said in verse 14 that “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” In order words, I drop the past behind me and focus on the tomorrow that is right in front of me.

You had a terrible Monday or Tuesday, thank God, for this is past tense. It happened already. You got Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in front of you - five solid days! Dust of the hurt and failure and disappointment of yesterday; make exciting, good and beautiful plans for today, tomorrow and next year and the year after the next. Don’t stay in that knocked down state forever. Get up and get it going one more time.

You do not have control over what has happened, you only have control over this moment and the next, so make it count. Brother Peter, despite his all night toiling without result, he still tried one more time. Sir, the plans and purpose of God for your life is super exciting; that you failed yesterday doesn’t mean you are a failure. I am saying to someone today, launch again, try again, let go of the hurt and pain and forge ahead for your harvest time has come.

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment