Sunday 3 November 2013

IT IS A PRIVILEGE


November 3, 2013


In Luke 12, the ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully, and he thought within himself, saying, what shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, this will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.

Luke 12:20 says, “But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?” Psa 127:1 says, “Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.”

Many of us are like the rich man; we feel we are where we are today as a result of our righteousness or labor or qualification. You are alive today because God kept you, not because you are holier than the people that are gone. Some of us have jobs today that ordinarily, our academic qualification would not have been enough to get us those jobs, but just because of God’s mercy and favor.

No matter where you are or what position you have found yourself, sir, you owe it all to God; your entire life belongs to God and God alone. Your sweet voice; beautiful face; talent; degree and all belongs to God, so be grateful you for that privilege. There are many people more qualified than you but not enjoying what you are enjoying.

Give thanks always. No man can have anything except the Lord gives unto the man. Count it a privilege to be alive today.

Have a blessed week ahead.

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment