Friday 11 January 2013

THE HELPER






I was looking for a spanner to fix my power generating set the other day, and I could not find it. I had a deadline and I needed electricity to work. I searched everywhere, including inside the freezer for a spanner. Funny, right? But you and I know that when searching for a lost item, it could likely be anywhere. That is why a man whose car is stolen would look for it inside the drainage or underneath another car.

I was becoming frustrated when suddenly I remembered the word of Jesus Christ in the book of John 14:26 that the Holy Spirit is a teacher and a reminder.

"Holy Spirit, where is the spanner hiding?" was the short but very important prayer that came out of my mouth. Within few seconds, I saw the spanner where I had earlier searched.

It was then that it dawned on me that the Holy Spirit is always and I mean always ready and available to help us. "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit...." HE IS YOUR HELPER.

The best part of having the Holy Spirit as our helper is the fact that he is interested in both the trivial things and the serious ones.

Ask the Holy Spirit any question? The Holy Spirit can help you pick a pair of shoes for your wife for her birthday. The Holy Spirit can help you know the meal to prepare for your husband. The Holy Spirit can help you know what questions you will be asked during that interview. The Holy Spirit can help you determine where to go and who to go meet for a deal to be closed.

He is always ever available to help you. All you need do is to place that call through to him.

Develop a relationship with the Holy Spirit. Talk to him about anything and everything. Talk to him anytime and every time.

You shall no more be helpless in Jesus Name. Amen!


Follow on twitter @henrylonng
BBM: 289C6CAC

No comments:

Post a Comment