Wednesday 9 January 2013

BE EMPOWERED – PART 2






Few years ago, I was introduced to a particular investment opportunity. The idea looked good and the ROI (Returns On Investment) over a period of just 1 month was mouthwatering.

I hurriedly plunged some reasonable amount of money into the investment. One or two of my friends also gave me some amount to invest in my name.

Friends, before the end of the first month, the company had folded up and my friends were waiting to start making returns on their investments.

It was a rough and tough time for me, and I had to take a very bad loan to offset some of the debts.

Briefly today, the final part of John 16:13 says “and He will tell you things to come”.

One of the things that the Holy Spirit does for a believer is to help discern and decide. Seven times in the book of Revelation, it is written “he who has ears, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches”.

If I had taken a moment to ask the Holy Spirit about the investment before greedily plunging, I would not have found myself in the mess that I did.

The Holy Spirit is the only person that can show you what you need to know and what you need to do.

Friends, no matter the situation, whatever the Holy Spirit says is the final. The Holy Spirit will prevent you from any harm by empowering you to see the end of a matter even from the beginning.

Before signing that deal, or agreeing to date that bro or sis, what is the Holy Spirit saying? Before going into that business partnership, have you asked the Holy Spirit?

May the gift of discernment be poured on you in Jesus Name. Amen!

Follow on twitter @henrylonng
BBM: 289C6CAC

No comments:

Post a Comment