Friday 12 December 2014

RECEIVING FROM GOD

December 12, 2014


One of the most frustrating things in life is knowing what you want, but not knowing how to get it. It is like the case of a maize in a closed jar, and then placed in front of a fowl. That fowl would end up wearied and frustrated because it would only be pecking the bottle in an attempt to eat the maize. That is why Ecc 10:15 says, “The labour of the foolish wearieth every one of them, because he knoweth not how to go to the city.” You would agree with me that it is foolishness to pack your luggage, and then head for the airport in attempt to fly from Nigeria to America without a visa.

To receive from God, there are certain conditions that must be met. One of it is consecration. Consecration is sanctification. It is purity. Many believers are busy praying tearfully and tirelessly, fasting and doing all sorts to be able to receive from God, but in the end, they end up disappointed, because they are busy toying and celebrating iniquity. Psa 66:18 says, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.” It then means that if you won’t stop sinning, sin will sink you by staining your fasting and prayers.

2 Cor 6:17-18 says, “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” Until you are sanctified, you are not permitted to enjoy the heavenly, that is why Jer 3:19 says, “But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me.”

Since consecration guarantees promotion and God’s blessings, it is wise you give up iniquity and embrace purity.

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong

No comments:

Post a Comment