Friday 5 December 2014

GET CONFIDENT

December 3, 2014


When I was younger, whenever anyone wanted me to fight him, if the person was stronger than me, I would stylishly avoid that fight. But if I was beside my father, I would gladly accept the challenge, because I was cocksure the opponent would want the fight postponed to a day my father won’t be around. Confidence is key in the race of life. Whether we like it or not, we are always faced with battles every day.

The enemy knows that once he can steal your confidence away, you are done for. Goliath was able to rid the army of Israel of their confidence. 1 Sam 17:24 says, “And all the men of Israel, when they saw the man, fled from him, and were sore afraid.” But when David saw him, he never got scared a bit, because he knew that greater is He that was in him than the one in Goliath. David told Goliath, “This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee.” And so was it.

As believers, one of our weapons of warfare is confidence, the moment it goes away, we become exposed. Heb 10:35 says, “Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.” Bible says they that do know their God shall be strong. In other words, they shall be confident. No matter how big the prey is, the lion doesn’t run away from it, remember, you have the Lion of the tribe of Judah in you, so stop fidgeting in the face of challenges. Take charge!

One way to build your confidence in God is to be an unrepentant student of the Word. The more you study, the more confident you become, and the better your life. King David said, “Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word. I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil.”

Remain blessed!

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong

No comments:

Post a Comment