Monday 9 June 2014

HUMILITY

June 9, 2014


There is a story of a very rich man that kept the picture of a turtle sitting on the fence in his office. One of his associates asked him, “There are so many nicer artworks you could have put in your office, why this one?” the man said, “Anytime I look at how much I have achieved and how great I am and I start feeling proud, the picture reminds me that just as the turtle did not get on the fence without help, I also could not have achieved anything without God’s help.”

Humility is having an understanding that God is the One who sustains, provides, protects and lifts. In the kingdom of God, humility is the greatest virtue, however, it is the scarcest among believers. Many of us think that our present position or our achievement is by reason of our smartness or strength, but I have come to tell you that no man can get anything except the Lord gives – so all that you have and all that you are is by the pure mercy of God. Rom 9:16 says, “So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.”

Apostle Paul was a great achiever, yet he stated in 1 Cor 15:10 that, “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” Bible says God gives grace to the humble and we know that grace is unmerited favor, as such, humility is one of the accesses to obtaining divine help. Prov 15:33b says, “Before honor is humility.” As you humble yourself, God will lift you up. Prov 22:4 says, “By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.”

Always remember that the fastest way to go from grace to grass is by throwing one’s garment of humility away.

Follow on twitter @Iamhenrylong 

BBM: 2ADE79BA

No comments:

Post a Comment