Monday 17 March 2014

YOU ARE INVALUABLE


March 17, 2014


A water bearer had two large pots, each hung on each end of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, and while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water at the end of the long walk from the stream to the master's house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. After two years, the cracked water pot spoke to the water bearer, "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you for delivering only half my load and making you work extra time."

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of your path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you've watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my master's table. Without you being just the way you are, he would not have this beauty to grace his house. Now, aren't you glad you are a "cracked pot" too?”

God said in Jer 1:5a that, “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee.” Moses thought he was useless because of his stammering nature, but throughout his journey, I never read a place where it was written that he stammered once while talking to the children of Israel or Pharaoh. Sir, I don’t care what your flaw is or are, I need you to understand that according to Deut 14:2, “For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.”

God never created any useless thing or being. Don’t try to change who you are because you are not just valuable, you are invaluable.

Follow on twitter @Iamhenrylong  
BBM: 2ADE79BA

No comments:

Post a Comment