Friday 24 January 2014

FAITHFULLY FEARFUL


January 24, 2014


There is a tale about someone questioning Mr. Death why he’s always going about killing people mercilessly. He replied, “80% of the time, people die because of fear of death.” Countless numbers of people have died whether physically, emotionally or mentally because of fear. Many young believers are dying today because of fear.

In the case of brother Job, Satan was granted permission to do what he wanted by Job. In Job 3:25, Job said, “For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.” Job’s fearful life gave the devil a freeway to penetrate into his home and do some major damages.

Fear is the one of the main strategies that the devil uses in crippling the destinies of believers. We are living in an age of fear; fear of poverty; fear of sickness; fear of the unknown; fear of death; fear of failure, etc. However, I need you to understand that fear is not of God but of Satan, 2 Tim 1:7 says, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

I used to be a professional “fearer” until God opened my eyes to understand that fear kills. Fear of the Egyptians made the Israelites lose sight of who brought them thus far. Uncle David said in Psa 23:4 that, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” I get so worried when I see believers walking about in fear.

Fear is a spirit which should never be entertained because your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. I need you to get a revelation of your right in Christ and stop fidgeting at every little thing. Take your stand in Christ against whatever fear the devil brings your way. Sir, you can all things through Christ. Shalom!

Follow on twitter @Iamhenrylong 
BBM: 2ADE79BA

No comments:

Post a Comment