Thursday 16 October 2014

HOW CAN THIS BE?

October 14, 2014


Sometimes when you hear the plans some people have, you want to ask them how they would do it. I mean unbelievable and scary stuffs that makes you want to assume the person is either not in his right senses or joking. When those three men told Abraham that Sarah was going to give birth, Bible says in Gen 18:12 that, “Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?” But the thing is, the fact that it sounds impossible doesn’t actually mean it is impossible.

You and I know that Sarah finally gave birth. When Elisha said in 2 Kings 7:1 that, “Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, Tomorrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.” It sounded too good to be true to one of the king’s right hand men which made him say, “Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be?” What the guy said wasn’t untrue because considering the gravity of the famine, it was quite difficult for him to process it.

In the end, the prophecy came to pass and he wasn’t able to enjoy the benefits. Some few weeks to my wedding, one of my mentors shared 2 Kings 3:17 with me. It reads, “Ye shall not see wind, neither shall ye see rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water, that ye may drink, both ye, and your cattle, and your beasts.” It was hard for me to comprehend it considering how much I needed help at that time, but may I tell you to the glory of Jesus that as God’s word said it, so it happened.

When God says it, you are not to figure out how it will happen, your job is to just believe because all things are possible to him that believes.


Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong

No comments:

Post a Comment