Wednesday 8 October 2014

DO IT

October 8, 2014


Some years ago, God gave me an idea which I delayed doing for a while. On a certain Friday, that is like three weeks after the conception of the idea, I concluded I was going to execute the following Monday. However, on the following day which is a Saturday, I was just driving around when I saw a very big signpost advertising the idea I was still planning. I felt like hitting the signpost. I couldn’t forgive myself for a very long period of time. I then realized that many of us are like that, we procrastinate a lot even when we have God’s go at something, and as a result, we end up losing out.

God’s agenda for man is transformation, which is why someone said whenever God drops an idea in you, there are like nine other people that God has given same idea to. The person to take it serious and execute with a sense of urgency while following God’s timing becomes the one that would be celebrated. Sometimes ago, I was in a car with some set of people and I sensed the urge in my spirit to share the gospel of Christ with them but I kept waiting for the perfect moment. Suddenly, one other guy just opened his mouth and started sharing Jesus with us all.

I felt very bad knowing that each time there is something to be done that would lead to the transformation of man and it is not done, I am depriving myself of the reward that is attached to doing it. I understand that, sometimes you might want to ensure your game plan is foolproof, but my personal advice is that you don’t because of that delay the execution. I am sure you have heard the saying that delay could be dangerous. Isaac could have decided to hold on with planting considering there was famine but he didn’t because he knew that when God is involved, failure isn’t an option.

Be sensitive!


Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong

No comments:

Post a Comment