Sunday 23 February 2014

WHAT DO YOU WANT?


February 22, 2014


A young man stopped a prophet who was known for never saying No, and said, “I want to go places. I want to get somewhere. How do I do it?” The prophet was interested in helping the man, so he said, “I really do want to help you but I need to know, where exactly do you want to go?” The young man replied after some minutes of silence, “Well, I really can’t tell for now, but I just want to go somewhere.” I am sure the young man is still on that same spot.

In the book of Matt 20:30-34, two blind men were following Jesus and asking for mercy. People were telling them to keep quiet but they wouldn’t. Finally their cry of mercy attracted Jesus’ attention, so He stopped. Ordinarily, one would expect that Jesus would just say, “Thine eyes be opened,” but He didn’t, rather, He asked, “What do you want?” I am sure some people would have said within themselves, “what else would blind men have wanted?”

But thank God those blind men were sensitive enough in asking and they received their sights. Many believers are going about the same mountain for years because they feel, “After all God knows what is wrong with me, so He should fix me.” You are right, God knows all, but remember He instructed us in Matt 7:7-8 that, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”

Your mouth is not to curse and abuse and gossip and talk heresies and fallacies, it is to be used in making your request known unto the Father through Jesus. So, I ask you, what do you want this day, week, month and year, why don’t you open your mouth and tell God those things? Remember Num 14:28 says, “As ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you.”

Have a refreshing weekend.

Follow on twitter @Iamhenrylong 
BBM: 2ADE79BA

No comments:

Post a Comment