Thursday 20 February 2014

MOVE ON


February 21, 2014


At a speaking engagement on Valentine’s Day, I asked a young man if he could tell me what love meant. “Love is wicked,” was his response, all because the woman he was looking forward to settling down with, came one Friday (four years ago) to give him invitation card to her own wedding ceremony with another man. The brother said he felt and still feels like killing himself.

Many times things would happen that we least expect; employer would suddenly lay you off for no just reason; fiancée would just say “I quit” for no sane reason, and because of that, we automatically activate sad mode. However, I have realized that crying over spilled milk won’t bring it back; rather it would worsen the pain. You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or even years asking “why me?”... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on.

In 2 Samuel 12, because of the iniquity of David, God sent Nathan to tell David that the child Uriah’s wife bore for him would die. Despite all pleas, the boy died. Ordinarily, one would expect the king to pour ashes on his head and rent his clothes in pieces and organize a mourning ceremony but Bible says in verse 20-24 that he had his bath, anointed himself, changed his cloth, ate and worshipped God after which he laid with Bathsheba again and she bore him the greatest and wisest king that ever lived.

You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. It is also not as easy as it sounds but you will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I don’t care what has happened, I don’t care how it happened, I don’t care why it happened to me, but whether the devil likes it or not I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.

Follow on twitter @Iamhenrylong 
BBM: 2ADE79BA

No comments:

Post a Comment