Tuesday 30 July 2013

VAIN IS THE HELP OF MAN


July 29, 2013


Few years ago, I had a pressing need and went to someone who I thought could help. He said, call me by so so time tomorrow so I can sort you out. When the by this time tomorrow came, he refused to pick his calls. I sent several SMSs but got no response. Have you ever been disappointed by men? Have you ever gone to someone for help and he says, “if only you had come like few minutes ago, I would have been able to help.”

Let me tell you the truth – VAIN IS THE HELP OF MAN. Twice the Psalmist said in Psalm 60:11 and 108:12 that vain is the help of man. However, many of us are professionals at making man our source of help, no wonder we get disappointed all the time. Jer 17: 5&6 says, “Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.”

Listen, the reason why some of us are still on the same spot is because our destiny is built around someone. Our one and only source of help is that rich uncle or brother. Let me disappoint you by saying that they cannot help you if God does not help you. Your only source of help is God. Bible says if the Lord does not build the house, the builder buildeth in vain.

Jer 33:3a says, “Call unto me and I will answer thee.” Quit the habit of calling a man the moment a need arises, call unto God because He is able to much more than you could ever think.

From today as written in Isa 65:24, I pray that before you call, God will answer; and while you are yet speaking, He will hear in Jesus Name. Amen!

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment