Tuesday 30 July 2013

WHO TOUCHED MY GARMENT?


July 26, 2013


In the book of Mark 5:30c, Jesus was among the crowd and asked, “Who touched my garment?” Honestly, each time I read this particular verse of the Bible, I laugh. You can imagine the crowd going out of Stadio San Siro after a football match and someone saying that, “Who touched my garment?” Doesn’t that sound somehow? In vs 31, the disciples must have gotten angry when Jesus asked that question that they answered, “And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?”

However, because Jesus knew that there was a particular touch that was different from every other touch. Imagine the Stadio San Siro scenario, and someone slapping you real hard from the back, that would make you turn around to see who did that.

The woman with the twelve years issue of blood in Mark 5: 25-34 was not the only sick person that touched Jesus; however her touch made Jesus felt that virtue has gone out of Him because she touched in faith. The woman knew Jesus could heal her, she knew if she could touch the hem of Jesus’ garment, she would be made whole, but she did not stop there, she went ahead and touch – that is faith.

I don’t care how many years you have been battling with that bitterness and uncomfortable situation. I don’t care for how many years you have been hearing “No vacancy.” I don’t care how many years you have been waiting on God for the fruit of the womb. All I want you to know is that it doesn’t take my God eternity to settle your case. All that is needed is just one step of faith.

Don’t stop at the belief stage, move up a bit and take a step of faith. Remember the Bible says that our faith can move mountains.

I pray that the step of faith to take to move to your next level, sweet Holy Spirit will reveal to you in Jesus Name. Amen!

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment