Tuesday 23 July 2013

MOVE ON


July 22, 2013


How many times have you had to organize a pity party for yourself as a result one great and unexpected disappointment? At one point or the other in our lives, there has been that reason to just call our friends and have them start singing some pity choruses for us.

However, I have come to tell you that no matter what the situation or circumstance is, never ever organize a pity party. Jesus could have decided to have his disciples and followers pity him because he was going to die on the cross, but He never did that. He saw the cross and the crown of thorn and could have said, “why me? Woe unto me.” but He did not, instead He persevered. He moved on.

No matter what life throws at you, you must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.’

The bible says no man can take your joy. That means no person can make you live with a negative attitude. No circumstance, no adversity can force you to live in despair. As Eleanor Roosevelt, wife of wheelchair-bound President Franklin D. Roosevelt, often said, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”

We may get knocked down on the outside, but the key to living in victory is to learn how to get up on the inside. Refuse to wear that garment of pity, Bible says rejoice always. It confuses the enemy when you rejoice despite what you are going through. It may be hard to do, but it is the best thing to do.

Get out of that Jacuzzi of pity and become a prisoner of hope knowing that your life is in His hands and a glorious and colorful future awaits you. Remember, no glory without a story, so stop pitying yourself and move on.

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment