Thursday 20 June 2013

WORSHIP IS A WEAPON


June 21, 2013


One of the things that the Holy Spirit has taught me is that worship is a tool that shakes the world, anytime, anywhere. Without worship, we go about miserable.

Recently I was not feeling comfortable with a situation I was going through. I tried praying but nothing happened. Few days later, I just woke up and started worshipping God. I thanked Him for the things He has done and the things I was expecting. Holy Spirit quickly cautioned me, and made it clear to me that the request was for me to thank God for things I don’t have.

It was a pretty difficult thing for me to start doing. You can imagine wishing and praying for a car for years and not having it, and yet the Holy Spirit is asking you to thank God thank you do not have it yet. I started worshipping God for my lacks and needs and wants. I wanted to switch but the Holy Spirit kept saying I should not.

Throughout that time we had our family altar, all we did was just to thank God for our lacks and needs. Friends, that same day, what looked like an uphill task became an easy one to crack. We as humans find it pretty easy to worship God for the SUVs, duplex, obedient child, good jobs, great wife and all. However, we find it hard to worship God when the reverse is the case.

Bible never told us to worship God when all is well. As a matter of fact, the hymn “It is well” was sang when the writer was in great distress and unpalatable situation. When you worship God for what you don’t have, you are saying, whether I have it or not, You are still my God. Whether my account is red or yellow, I still choose to worship You. Give thanks in all things is the command.

As you worship God for what you don’t have, He will open the windows of heaven and release what you need unto you in Jesus Name. Amen!

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment