Tuesday 5 February 2013

WHAT DO YOU WANT?




 Sometimes life can get really busy that we do not have time to really think about what we want out of life. That way we live life as it comes. Someone said that when the ultimate is not known, you will make do with the immediate.

In the story of blind Bartimaeus, Jesus asked him Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee?

Friends, Jesus could see that the man was blind. So what else would the man have wanted? The blind man too was a very sensitive man by quickly saying, Lord, that I may receive my sight. He got his sight that day.

The reason why Jesus had to ask the man was to affirm the word in Matt 7:7 that Ask, and it shall be given you. That means if you do not ask, you will not get. Had the blind man said, haba Master Jesus, you can see am blind nah. What do you think I want? I am sure that he would have remained blind for the rest of his life.

I went to see someone sometimes ago who was in a position of authority to make something good happen for me, when I got there, his question was, what do you want me to do for you? Stupidly, I responded, anything sir. He granted my request by giving me his business card, a bottle of drink and transport fare. Wasn’t that an answer to my request? It was!

There are still countless numbers of believers in this category. Some of our requests are vague and pointless appeal which is why they seem not to be granted. God wants a distinct expression of a definite need. He understands all you need even before you say them, but He just wants you to say them out.

My question to each and every one of us is “what do you want from God?”

As you express yourself clearly before Him today, you will receive speedy answers in Jesus Name. Amen!


Follow on twitter @henrylonng
BBM: 289C6CAC

No comments:

Post a Comment