Friday 2 August 2013

NO MORE EXCUSE


August 2, 2013


There is a story in the book of John chapter 5 about the pool of Bethesda with five porches. Bible says in verse 4 that, “For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.”

At that pool was a man with thirty eight years of infirmity. Suddenly, the great healer – Jesus appeared at the pool and asked the man if he wanted to be healed. It was a Yes or No question, but this man just like every one of us said in verse 7, “Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.”

Majority of us are professionals at giving excuses for failure. We have one million and one reasons why we are not fit. Stop ruling yourself out of the game. Stop accepting the way it is. Many of us accept what we don’t want because we have excuses for not getting what we want.

“I am not from a royal family,” “if only my father was rich,” “I wish I knew a politician who would just give me a not to get employment in that establishment.” Sir/ma, listen to me, your help comes from the Lord and not from a man. The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof. Silver and gold belongs to our God. Honestly, you don’t have any excuse for failure. Wake up this moment and do away with that garment of excuse. Your color, age, stature, gender or origin is not an excuse.

Like I always say, if you refuse to fulfill your destiny because you think you have excuses, you deny many people the opportunity to fulfill theirs because destinies are tied to you. Jesus said that every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up; I decree that every seed of failure inside of you be rooted up and out completely in Jesus Name. Amen!

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment