Monday 5 August 2013

GOD’S FAVORITES


August 4, 2013


Do you know that same way parents have favorites among their children is the same way God Almighty have favorites among His children. I remember how I used to see my father as taking my brother as his favorite as whatever that one does, goes down well with my father. He hardly sees any fault in what he does.

Cain went away from the presence of the Lord and God never bothered Himself about him, but same way, Jonah went away from the face of the Lord and God went after him. God told Lot and his wife not to look back else they become pillar of salt. Lot’s wife looked back and became a pillar of salt, but the same city that Lot’s wife looked at and became a pillar of salt was the same city Abraham was watching been burnt down and he never became a pillar of salt. Jacob was God’s favorite, he was dubious and tricky, yet God did not let him be.

Don’t be deceived, God has favorites. Rom 9:15 says, “For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” It is not a product of your works, Bible says in Eph 2:9 that “Not of works, lest any man should boast.” God’s favorites enjoy God’s blessings first hand. They hear firsthand information right from God’s throne. God’s favorites labor less and profit best. You begin to wonder, “Is he/she the only one?” Friends, it is a thing of joy to be God’s favorites. God treats you specially.

John 15:16a says, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you.” To be God’s favorite is strictly God’s choice not a product of who you are or what you have done. Peter failed Jesus but he later became one of the greatest Apostles that ever lived. The condition of picking is not set by men but by God alone.

My prayer for someone today is that, among millions of choices, God Almighty will select you as His choice candidate in Jesus Name. Amen!

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment