Monday 12 August 2013

BE ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING


August 11, 2013


When we are faced with challenges and troubles, our tendency is to get anxious. We start fidgeting and worrying about possible outcomes. But God does not want us to react that way. He wants us to be anxious about nothing. Phil 4:6 says, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”

God is saying, fear not, relax, don’t worry. “Bro, it is easy for you to say, come live with my wife for a day. Go check my account balance. You don’t wanna know what I am passing through at work. My family members are the most difficult to cope with.” Hold on for a little while, I am not the one that said, “Be anxious for nothing,” your Father in heaven gave that clear instruction. Let your watchword be “Relax!”

Come to think of it, would your anxiousness pay the debt? Would it fix the issue? Most likely, it would worsen the situation. Matthew 6:27 (ESV) says, “Which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life.” Matt 6:26 says, “Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?”

Hello, don’t die prematurely of hypertension, cast all your care upon the Lord for he careth for you. Matt 11: 28-30 says, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Sir, take it all to God. Refuse to worry about anything and let God do the worry. I pray for you that every source of anxiety dries off permanently in Jesus Name. Amen!

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment