Thursday 5 September 2013

PEACE LIKE A RIVER


September 5, 2013


Peace is vital in our sojourn here on earth. Wealth is of no value in the midst of war and violence. God Almighty has promised each and every one of us peace. The peace of God is one of the key indicators of God's guidance. Colossians 3:15 tells us to let the peace of God rule in [our] hearts. Peace is the umpire of our heart, telling us if we are "safe" in God's will, or "out," following our own path or the deception of the devil.

Leviticus 26:6 says, "And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land" In Psalm 29:11, the Bible says, "The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace" Even Isaiah 32:18 says, "My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.”

Baruch Spinoza said, “Peace is not an absence of war/trouble, it is a state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice.” Peace is the ability to sleep despite the raging of the sea. But how can you do that? Jer 29:11 says that “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Stop fidgeting, be confident in the Lord. Jesus said in John 14:27 that, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all and I decree according to the word of the Lord that in the midst of all troubles and storms of your life, “peace be still.” in Jesus Name. Amen!

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment