Sunday 30 November 2014

NOW IS THE TIME

December 1, 2014


I feel very sad anytime I see an elderly person doing hard labors. With my cultural background, we were trained to always assist old people when doing hard labor, but they are just too much these days, I wish I had a home to take care of them, because if I have to be carrying their loads for them, then mine might be left undone. We were also taught that, whoever plays his or her youthful age away would end up serving his or her peers. With this last statement, one could easily conclude that anyone still hustling at age 70 and above must have played his youth away.

Well, we might be right and we might be wrong, especially going by the words of the wise man in Ecc 9:11 that, “The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.” However, my take is that the best time to take care of today was yesterday, and the best time to take of tomorrow is today. Jesus said in John 9:4 that, “I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.”

Lam 3:27 says, “It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.” The message translation says, “It’s a good thing when you are young, to stick it out through the hard times.” This is the time to work. Even the scripture says he that doesn’t work should eat. I guess that is why those who refuse to work end up begging to eat. Whatsoever your hands findeth to do, sir/ma, do it with all thine might.

Someone asked me when things would become better. I told him, as long as you keep doing the good, it will become better one day.

Don’t be tired!

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong

No comments:

Post a Comment