Friday 7 November 2014

THINK AGAIN

November 8, 2014


The most natural thing for anyone to say whenever we are denied something is, “It is because I do not know anyone in that company.” So many kings and queens are dying as slaves because they are busy complaining that there is no one to help them. Many believers have been on the same spot for years because they are waiting for someone to move them from where they are to where they desire to be.

Each time I read the story of that man by the pool of Bethesda in John 5, I feel angry in my spirit. This man was by a pool of water waiting for healing for solid thirty eight years, yet nothing happened. Why couldn’t the man make the water his permanent abode such that whenever the water got troubled, he would be the first to be healed? The worst part of it was when Jesus got there and asked him, “Wilt thou be made whole?” The man said, “Lord, I don’t have anyone to help me.”

Sir, many of us are still waiting for a man to help us and as a result of that we are limiting God. Some are busy crying and complaining they have no one to help them out of the shackles of pain and shame they are in, forgetting that there is a God who rules over the affairs of men, in whose hands is the heart of kings. As a result of this mentality of “I don’t have anyone to help me,” many children of the MOST HIGH are living the lowest life. Let me shock you, Bible says, “Vain is the help of man.” No wonder the man spent 38 years waiting for human help and none showed up.

The king told that woman in 1 Kings 6, “If the LORD does not help thee, whence shall I help thee?” If you think you don’t have anyone to help you, sir/ma, think again, you are looking in the wrong direction.

Remain blessed!


Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong

No comments:

Post a Comment