Monday 17 November 2014

DON’T REASON IT

November 16, 2014


It amazes me how little children handle directives. When you tell a little child, go, he doesn’t ask you, why he should go, he goes. But when you tell someone like me to go, I would end up making you go instead, because, by the time I am done asking you the why, the how, the when, etc., questions, you would rather have me stay back. In the believer’s world, I have discovered that one of the things that limits us in obtaining God’s best is we reason divine instructions out.

When the prophet told that honorable man named Naaman in 2 Kings 5 to go wash in Jordan seven times, Bible says the man was angry. The man said in verse 11, “Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.” He had forgotten that God’s ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts far greater than ours. Thank God he had a wonderful servant who helped him realize that he should just do as told and stop making sense out of it.

In the book of 2 Kings 4, the woman’s problem was indebtedness. When God was going to solve it, He said through the prophet that she should go borrow more vessels. The most amazing part of that story is where the prophet told the woman, to lock the door, and start pouring the oil from the small bottle into the vessels she had borrowed and that the oil would not stop. Technically, this doesn’t sound sensible. But I love that woman, in that, she never asked how. Bible says she did as instructed and the oil stopped flowing the moment her vessels were all filled.

I have discovered that faith is in most cases senseless but the gains are endless, but IF you are willing and obedient, you WILL eat the good of the land.

Remain blessed!


Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong

No comments:

Post a Comment