Thursday 3 October 2013

WAIT ON THE LORD


October 3, 2013


Sometime ago, I was at a restaurant and I noticed this particular man with a waiter on him, but the man was on the phone. For more than five minutes, the man was still on the phone yet the waiter never left the man’s table. The most annoying part of it was that the man bought just a bottle of water. However, I learnt that day that as long as you know your source, you keep waiting until you get what you need.

As believers, our only source of help and provision is no other than the Almighty God. Uncle Job said in Job 14:14b that, “all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.” He waited on the Lord for as long as it took, and the change finally came. Psa 37:9 says, “For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.” Don’t forget that Psa 25:1 says, “The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” 

So, I am sure you would agree with me that the best thing to do as believers is just to wait on the Lord. To wait means to hold on a little longer. My brother, please don’t give up yet, keep on waiting on the Lord. Psa 62:5 says, “My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. And, Prov 23:18 says, “For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.” Remember how long you have waited till now (fasting, praying and all), so, wait a little more!

The waiting period might not be interesting, but wait. Lam 3:25a says, “The LORD is good unto them that wait for him.” Isa 40:31 says, “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment