Monday 21 October 2013

I SURRENDER ALL


October 20, 2013


In Matt 4:18-20, And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.”

In Luke 19:1-10, we read of the story of Zacchaeus, who was a chief tax collector and he was rich. However, despite his wealth and status, Bible says he sought to see Jesus. In the latter part of that story, Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken anything from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

There is a song that says, “I surrender all, unto thee my blessed savior, I surrender all.” However, some of us are to sing it, “I surrender some, unto thee my blessed savior, I surrender some.” Many a lot of us find it hard to surrender our all unto God. Until you give your all unto God, He will not give His all unto you.

Your all belongs to God, so why withhold from the owner. Psa 24:1 says, “The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” Your all includes your money; your assets; your attitudes; your sexuality; your talents; your skills; your time; your business; your mind; your heart; your all. Ananias and Sapphira claimed to love God but they held back part of their finances from God, and as a result, they were rewarded with death.

You cannot claim you have surrendered all and yet you are involved in adultery and fornication. You cannot tell me you’ve surrendered all and yet to defraud your employer is a normal thing for you. Peter surrendered his all, and God rewarded him with what no man could give him.

Father, everything and anything that is hindering me from surrendering my all unto You is hereby nailed to the cross of Jesus in Jesus Name. Amen!

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment