Friday 18 October 2013

MY JOY ISN'T FOR SALE


October 18, 2013


I heard the story of a young man that lost his wife. As is the policy of his place of employment, he was asked to take one month off work to recover from the trauma of the loss. Two weeks later, he resumed for work looking very fresh and energetic. The manager was shocked and had to call him into a room to know why he resumed just after two weeks of the death of his wife. The man responded, “No amount of tears, sorrow, or sorry can bring back my wife, so I have moved on.”

I have come to realize that one area where most of us are professionals is in the area of remaining in a “Sorry” state. In 1 Sam 30, the Amalekites invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smote it, and burned it with fire; and took the women captives. This was a source of national sorrow that almost led to David getting stoned.

In verse 6, Bible says, “And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.” Despite the gravity of the problem, David recognized that the joy of the Lord was his strength, so he encouraged himself in the Lord.

Hab 3:17-19 says, No matter what the situation is; irrespective of my employment status; not minding what am going through: I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.

Friends, your joy is not for sale, so don’t let any situation or challenge steal it. Don’t let your life be a source of joy for the devil. Isa 12:3 says that with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation, so guard your joy jealously.

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment