Tuesday 8 October 2013

HEARING GOD CLEARLY – 2


October 8, 2013


God gave us ears to make us understand that we can hear from Him. Someone asked me recently how to hear God. I told her, to hear God, ask and open your ears. Jer 33:3 says, “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” As a child of God, your success in life depends entirely on your ability to hear God and your willingness to obey. Hearing from God can mean the difference between life and death.

Uncle David went to God in 1 Samuel 30:8, “And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.” Jer 33:3 says, “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”  A whole lot of us keep going round the same mountain for so long because we have closed our ears to hearing God.

I love the story in Genesis 18, where father Abraham was having a mouth to mouth discussion with God. You are a descendant of Abraham, so you are entitled to hearing God. However, some people will not hear God not because God doesn’t want to speak to them, but because, they are not part of God’s flock and remember, Jesus said in John 10:27 that, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.”

To hear God clearly, you must develop a relationship with the Holy Spirit. You must also be filled with faith and expectation. It is very easy to confuse self-ideas for God’s voice, but with the presence of the Holy Spirit, it is “impossicant” for you to be confused because God is not the author of confusion. Samuel confused the voice of God for Eli’s.

Father, open my ears to hear you clearly henceforth in Jesus Name.

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 33329FB4

No comments:

Post a Comment