Tuesday 10 December 2013

WHO AM I?


December 10, 2013


One of the most important questions to sit oneself down to ask is, despite what/who people know me as, who exactly am I? Sir, you can deceive everyone, but you cannot deceive yourself. Self-deception is like drinking poison on your enemy’s behalf thinking the enemy would be the one to die. Many people, particularly Christians are living a double standard life. They are someone else in church and another person at home, another person when in the midst of friends. In short, some are human chameleons.

Until you can plainly and clearly tell yourself who you truly are, you will find it difficult to get help. Today, many profess to be born again, but truly they know they are not. They think they are deceiving their pastors or friends forgetting that Rev 3:16 say that, “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” Matt 7:22-23 says, “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

I wonder if prophets would be told such, what of church workers, leaders and members of the congregation. It is sad that many that say they are deacons and church workers and born again Christians are still engaging in gossip, backbiting, fraud, lies, adultery, fornication and other acts that they condemn. Sir, 2 Pet 2:21 says, “For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.”

I love you and I know heaven is going to be sweet and sweeter with you in it, so please be true to yourself. Ask yourself, “Who am I?” A believer or a deceiver?

Follow on twitter @iamhenrylong
www.dailywisdomnugget.blogspot.com
BBM: 2ADE79BA

No comments:

Post a Comment