Sunday 13 July 2014

BLAME GAME – 2

July 12, 2014


Challenges and problems are sometimes must-haves. Even the scripture says in John 16:33 that, “In this world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world.” (MSG) Despite this, many people still go about blaming people and even God for whatever situation they are going through. Some would say my job, my wife, my dog, my mother-in-law, my neighbor across the street, the media, the government, the receptionist, are responsible for their problems.

Paul Getty said, “A man may fail many times but he is not a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.” I used to be a professional blamer until I realized that all blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find in others and regardless of how much you blame them, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming them, but you won’t succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy.

Someone once said he started having extramarital affairs because his wife nags a lot. I laughed because I know that the best years of a man’s life are the ones in which he realizes and decides his problems are his own. You do not blame them on your mother, ecology, employer or the president of your nation. You realize your life is yours. And then you come to understand that the issue/problem is there already and blaming someone else won’t fix it.

Zacchaeus could have blamed his short stature on his parents (obviously they must have been short folks), but he didn’t, instead, he accepted responsibility for his own life. Today, I urge you to take that important step by accepting responsibility for your life and realize that you are who you personally chose to be.

Enjoy!

Follow on twitter @Iamhenrylong 

BBM: 2ADE79BA

No comments:

Post a Comment